Monday, February 13, 2006

Press about the Rally for Love and Justice

Here's a roundup of local print press about the rally yesterday.

The Arizona Daily Star quoted one of my favorite people, Jack Kressley, a PFLAG dad and all around great guy.

"I hate injustice. I just hate it," the 67-year-old retired submariner said Sunday at a pre-Valentine's Day "Rally for Love and Justice" at Downtown's El Presidio Park.

"We're better off — we're all better off — when we don't hurt people, when we don't put people in a box and marginalize them," he said. "That's what this amendment does."


The Tucson Citizen quoted me, so yay for the Tucson Citizen. ;) Of course, they didn't quote me about anything substantive, but they make up for it by quoting my daughter's speech and mentioning the standing ovation.

Frieders' daughter Carly received a standing ovation during her speech when she said, "Whoever you marry it's love. It doesn't matter who you marry.

"I hope that everybody will make sure everybody is treated fairly today."


Hey, I'm a mom first, activist second, what can I say?

And of course there was the brilliant Fitz comic in Sunday's paper which helped set the tone for the entire event.

All-in-all, a decent bit of press helping to explain how this amendment will hurt families and why it's bad for Arizona.

7 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the best press that the rally could have gotten was a small note about how AZ Together has raised MORE money than the PMA "coalition." That article cast doubt on whether CAP will even get close to the 200,000 signatures. I didn't see in the online version, tho'. --adam

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got some great pictures of you and your daughter speaking. I'll let you know when they're up on the web.

Plus, okay, I admit that I did take some pictures of you just walking around, because you're just that darned photogenic.

--Kynn

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Bad Methodist said...

Okay, now I'm blushing. Thank you!! :)

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, actually, I don't think I got any good pictures of your daughter speaking. :( As I recall now, I was too busy clapping and listening to her to shoot. A shame really. :(

But I do have a few of her standing around :) and of course too many of the pretty redhead in frilly pink lace. I will put up a link soon.

--Kynn

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are pictures taken when you were speaking -- sorry I didn't take more, I was running low on photo space and had to save some for when Briget spoke.

383, 384, 385, 386, 387

Then, of course, I had to delete a bunch of pictures I took earlier to make way for recording Cathy and Briget making it "official"...

--Kynn

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Bad Methodist said...

Aw, the Briget and Cathy ones are great!!!

The other links didn't work, though.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I moved them, check here instead:

Frieders directory

--Kynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home