Thursday, December 22, 2005

What good does it do?

After reading this article about a local lesbian couple that is moving to California where they can both legally adopt their daughter, I am feeling very frustrated. I mean, it should be a no-brainer. Kids are better off with two parents if at all possible. In cases where there are two people who both want to be parents to a given child, why would we put legal barriers here?

So I'm asking. If you think same-sex couples should not be allowed to adopt children, can you please explain what good the legal barriers will do? Because all I see is familes getting torn apart and I can't understand what good can come of that.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was once a member of the United Methodist Church.

I left it.

In the Church I am affiliated with right now, gays and lesbians are accepted. In fact, gays even have an organization in the Church.

Gays and lesbians are also humans. They also need salvation. And they have the chance to be saved as well like everyone else has.

And, of course, they should be given the chance to follow God's commandments/laws written in the Bible as well like everyone else should.

Gays and lesbians (homo, hetero, and the like) in our Church are obeying how Christians should live in accordance to the Bible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home