Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Good-bye

When Bad Catholics leave the Catholic Church, they become Episcopalians. When Bad Methodists leave the Methodist Church... they join the United Church of Christ. Or, at least, this Bad Methodist did.

It isn't even because of the UM policies on same-sex relationships. I would have stayed with the denomination and fought for change from within for as long as my beloved local church was there to give me reason to fight. Sadly, our church's last Sunday was January 25, 2009. Because of actions taken by our Bishop and District Superintendent that, at the very least, contributed to its demise, I no longer felt I could support the Methodist Church with my presence, gifts, and services. It will always have my prayers, however.

And long before that, I kinda let this blog die. The 2006 election wiped me out, even though we won, and during the 2008 election, I put my energy into other ways of communicating. I'm not going to delete this blog because I'd like to keep it as an archive of what I wrote when I was updating regularly. But I will probably not be updating it.

Thank you to everyone who read and commented. I appreciated hearing your thoughts.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger gavin richardson said...

sad to see ya leaving the church. hate to hear of the medlings of the bishop & ds into church stuff. seems there is a lot of that these days.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to see you go and had found hope in you Blog. However, I'm ready to become an Episcopalian myself. I feel much better there than in the UMC I attend with people whose hearts and minds are not open and whose doors are closed to those who are different. I've had it with prayers for God to deal with the homosexual problem -- I guess I didn't realize that I'm that much of a problem and a transsexual too!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger RaJen said...

hate to see your blog go. i did enjoy your writing.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous public liability insurance said...

It was really nice to study your post. I collect some good points here. I would like to be appreciative you with the hard work you have made in skill this is great article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home