Monday, October 02, 2006

The evolution of sexuality in the Christian Church

My church is doing a sermon series on human sexuality for three or four weeks in October. The first sermon, on how ideas about marriage and sexuality have evolved (yes, EVOLVED) throughout church history, is absolutely excellent.

Most people presume that our understanding of sexuality and marriage has pretty much been the way sexuality and marriage have been understood, that we are the interpreters of a long tradition. We would be wrong.


I learned a lot of things I didn't know about church history and official church doctrine of the past, and it challenged some of my long-held preconceptions. I highly recommend everyone take a listen. It's 40 minutes long (including the Scripture reading and one song), but it is well worth it. (Link is for the current sermon so will only be good Oct. 2 - 8, 2006.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home