Monday, March 27, 2006

Things that make you go WT*?

Unintentional Blogger pointed me in the direction of this. I think UB's reaction of being stunned nearly speechless is probably response enough, but since I'm wordy and like to rant about things that make me go WT*?????, I had to post it here.

Yes indeedy, folks, you too can blow away non-believers for Christ! You know, virtually speaking.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition: Christians are finally getting a high-caliber shoot-'em-up videogame of their own. Due out on PCs in the second half of 2006, Left Behind: Eternal Forces is the first game adapted from the blockbuster books by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. Gamers familiar with the largely uninspiring and unprofitable history of Christian videogames will quickly notice two differences in Forces: the top-shelf design, which offers an eerily authentic reproduction of the game's Manhattan setting, and a level of violence reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto.


And not a moment too soon! 'Cause I was just thinking to myself, there just aren't enough top-shelf design Christian video games with Grand Theft Auto level violence.

My favorite bit is this:

Left Behind Games CEO Troy Lyndon, whose company went public in February, says the game's Christian themes will grab the audience that didn't mind gore in "The Passion of the Christ."


Right on, Troy! Clearly there is no difference whatsoever in violence done against Christ that was supposed to be deeply disturbing and virtual violence in which a gamer actively participates all in the name of Christ. Hmm. I think Fred Phelps would approve.

It just doesn't get more Christ-like than that, does it?

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Goodness, I hope that this is a joke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home